Mothers’ Day weekend was made more special at the Chimes Specialty Store, as LuxAsia offered beauty workshops and flash makeovers for all the ladies courtesy of Guerlain and Yves St Laurent (YSL). From May 8 – 10, mothers and other ladies were given valuable make up tips and demos by the lovely make up artists of Chimes, as they showed what make up are best for different occasions, and for different complexions and skin types. They also offered helpful tips on make up application.
It was truly a nice treat to be pampered and offered expert beauty advice. I really loved the products they used on me. As I am not used to wearing make up, but my skin wasn’t irritated, and even if I wore the make up for more than 8 hours, it didn’t feel heavy or oily.
My top picks from Guerlain and YSL are…
- Guerlain Meteorites Perles, Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer, a very light powdery, makeup base;
- Guerlain Terracotta Tan Booster Active Bronzing Powder Shade #2, which they used, instead of blush on;
- Guerlain Ombre Eclat Eye Primer, an eyeshadow base;
- YSL Matt Touch Compact, Long Lasting Matt Finish Foundation with SPF 20; and
- YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Shade #3, a higlighter.
In the Visayas and Mindanao area, Guerlain and YSL make up and products are exclusively available at Chimes Specialty Store here in Davao City. Chimes is located along Sales Street, in downtown Davao City.